Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Walking on water

e e The Dream   f f

There was this one man walking on top of the water not so far from the shore.  The people who saw him feel indifferent and doubtful except for me. It seemed like his feet is not touching the ground but the water is too shallow to tell if he's doing the real thing.  

To deviate the people from their doubts, I proved them myself. I walked on the water and courageously went far away from the shore. Amazingly, I stayed on top. I told them, ' See, I can walk on water too! How could you doubt so easily?'. And I encouraged them to try it out. A couple of them  followed but the others were still skeptic.

Suddenly, the water slowly turned into ice.  When all areas are finally solid, everyone  followed and walked on ice.


e e Interpretation   f f


To dream of walking on water means that you have supreme control over your emotions. It may suggest that you should keep your emotions contained, so they don't explode. This dream can also symbolize faith in yourself.

If you will remember that when a disciple of Jesus attempted to follow Jesus walking on the water, he did okay until there was doubt.

Since water is often associated with feelings, ice can represent feelings in a frozen or inanimate condition. You may be cut off from your feelings, or you are keeping an idea 'on ice' rather than processing and releasing it. Seeing something frozen, or encased in ice and lifeless, can signify your awareness that some aspect of you is inanimate, possibly because of fear: ‘frozen with fear.’ Dreaming of walking on ice can show the precarious result of trying to skim over emotions. You can 'fall in' and be consumed by them - as in the case of holding in feelings only to explode at the least little incident. 


e e realization   f f

I thought the dream was just revealing my risk-taking nature, how my courage stands out from the rest and my possible potential  to be of great influence to other people. But it seems like my expression of courage has a lurking threat behind it. Could I have the ability to freeze my fears so that I may appear bold enough to face uncertainties in life? This dream reminds me to be cautious particularly in dealing with emotions. My full dominion over my emotions could have lead to suppression and the rebound effect of this could bring more trouble to myself in the long run. 

This is a consistent reminder from my subconscious: Take control of my emotions but not to the point of sucking the life out of it. Negative emotions such as feelings of fear, uncertainty, depression, emptiness, abandonment, etc are not to be pushed away for these feelings exist serving as catalysts for us to open our doors for new opportunities,  fill our hearts with new hope, seek for new sources of happiness and abundance, and accept constant changes in our lives.

Whether good or bad, we treat them as mere emotions that are meant to be experienced for our own benefit. Though we should not allow them to drown us but instead, stay on top of it. And the only trick to keep us suspended is our faith; our total submission to God's providence.



No comments:

Post a Comment